Hello everyone !
Today, I wanted to talk a little bit about cooking and share with you a vegetarian/ vegan recipe that is easy to make and taste delicious, especially for those of you who love Asian flavors and taste : Tofu Satay.
Let's go !
For 3/4 servings - 500 g of firm tofu
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 red or white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A pinch of sambal olek, a mashed Asian red pepper. Suzi Wan does this very well. The quantity is to be adapted depending on whether you want it to be more or less spicy
- A quarter of a lemon or half a lime
- A teaspoon of grated fresh ginger (or ginger powder if you don't have fresh)
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of coconut aminos sauce. I use this sauce a lot because it replaces very well sweet soy sauce and it less salty and less strong in taste. It can be purchased very easily on iherb. If you don't have coconut aminos sauce, you can use sweet soy or normal soy sauce with a little brown sugar or agave syrup.
- A good handful of peanuts or cashews (or peanut butter)
- What I like to do first is to press the tofu by wrapping it in a cloth and
putting something heavy on it (wooden cutting board, glass dish) to drain all the water out. But this is not a mandatory step at all!
Then cut it into small dice
- Crush the cashews or peanuts into small pieces
- Slice the onions
- Heat some coconut oil in a wok over medium heat
- Put the onions, garlic, chilli and ginger in the wok to diffuse the aromas, 1 to 2 minutes over high heat
- Add the cashews or peanuts and sauté for about 30 seconds / 1 minute
- Add the tofu and fry for about 3 minutes to fry it a little
- Pour the coconut milk
- Finally add the lemon and the coco aminos sauce or the soy sauce
- Simmer until the coconut milk thickens.
According to your taste, add a little salt and pepper if necessary.
And now, it's ready !
I usually eat it with semi-brown Jasmine or Basmati rice. You can also enjoy it with rice noodles, they also go very well together.
Bon appétit !